- Act means Punjab Boards of Intermediate & Secondary Education Act 1976 as amended by Punjab Ordinance No. XXXIII of 1985 and may be amended in future.
- “bid” means a tender, or an offer, in response to an invitation, by a person, consultant, firm, company or an organization expressing his or its willingness to undertake a specified task at a price;
- “bidder” means a person who submits a bid;
- Board means Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Bahawalpur.
- “competitive bidding” means a procedure leading to the award of a contract whereby all the interested persons, firms, companies or organizations may bid for the contract;
- Chairman means Chairman Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Bahawalpur.
- “contractor” means a person, consultant, firm, company or an organization who undertakes to supply goods, services or works;
- “contract” means an agreement, executed on stamp paper of appropriate value, enforceable by law;
- Controller means the controller of examinations BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE & SECONDARY EDUCATION, BAHAWALPUR.
- “corrupt and fraudulent practices” includes the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of anything of value to influence the action of a public official or the supplier or contractor in the procurement process or in contract execution to the detriment of the procuring agencies; or misrepresentation of facts in order to influence a procurement process or the execution of a contract, collusive practices among bidders (prior to or after bid submission) designed to establish bid prices at artificial, non-competitive levels and to deprive the procuring agencies of the benefits of free and open competition and any request for, or solicitation of anything of value by any public official in the course of exercising his duty;
- “emergency” means natural calamities, disasters, accidents, war and operational emergency such as conduct of examinations, completion of time & situation bound assignment and preparation of results of examinations which may give rise to abnormal situation requiring prompt and immediate action to limit or avoid damage to students / candidate / person, property or the environment or for the benefit of the organization.
- “lowest evaluated bid” means,-
- Time barred offer by any person, firm, consultant & company at lower price and other conditions.
- a bid most closely conforming to evaluation criteria and other conditions specified in the bidding document; and
- having lowest evaluated cost;
- “Ordinance” means the Punjab Boards of Intermediate & Secondary Education (Amendment) Ordinance 1985 (No. XXXIII of 1985)
- Procuring Agency means Administration of Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Bahawalpur.
- Purchase Committee means the Committee who has been authorized for procurement of items, works or services etc.